- This event has passed.
MassBee Spring 2022 Meeting
March 19 @ 9:00 am – 3:30 pm EDT
Saturday, March 19, 2022, 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM (Registration opens at 8:00 AM) Hosted by:
- Essex County Beekeepers Association
- Massachusetts Beekeepers Association
- Dr. Scott McArt : Cornell University, Department of Entomology, Assistant Professor of Pollinator Health, McArt Lab. His main research interests are chemical and disease ecology, specifically in relation to pesticide and pathogen stress experienced by honey bees, bumble bees and other wild bees. He has a keen interest in working with stakeholders (e.g. beekeepers and growers) and regulatory agencies to improve pollinator health.
- Dr. Patrick James Lariviere : Postdoctoral Fellow at the University of Texas at Austin Nancy Moran Lab. He is a molecular microbiologist, broadly interested in both studying and engineering biological systems involving bacteria. Currently, he is developing molecular tools for use in engineering symbionts of honey bees. The hope is that these tools will be beneficial both in basic science research and real world applications, allowing for more robust study of bee genetics and protection against pathogens. He is also interested in studying the interaction between honey bees and their bacterial symbionts at a molecular scale.
- Dr. Kim Skyrm is the MA State Apiarist/Chief Apiary Inspector of the Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources (MDAR) Apiary Program and is the current President of the Apiary Inspectors of America (AIA). Kim is a scientist by training and a hobby beekeeper driven by an intense love of bees.
- SpringHill Suites by Marriot, 43 Newbury Street Peabody, MA 01969, 978-535-5000 SpringHill Suites by Marriot
- Double Tree by Hilton, 50 Ferncroft Road Danvers, MA 01923, 978-777-2500 Double Tree by Hilton